Pages

November 19, 2012

Perfect Oatmeal Cookies (crispy)

My Mr.Tasteful is not a huge sweets type of gentlemen. When he chooses to have anything sweet, there are only a select few deserts he craves. One of his favorites are oatmeal raisin cookies. This recipe is focused on the perfect crisp oatmeal cookie, I added chocolate chips to this batch I took pictures of.



One tip I highly recommend is gathering and pre-measuring your ingredients, like they do on those cooking shows. You dont need fancy glass bowls, but whats stopping you if you want to! Because of my budget I am just going to make use with what I have.



Recipe for Perfect Oatmeal Cookies


3/4 cup butter room temperature (quick tip: place in microwave on DEFROST for 30 sec at a time until soft, not melted.My microwave took me 1 min and 30 sec)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 large egg, room temperature (quick tip:before you crack egg open place in lukewarm water for 5 min)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (105 grams) all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 & 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raisins or dark semi-sweet chocolate

Pre-heat oven to 350
In one bowl I combined my brown and white sugar and just mixed together, you could skip that step, I don't think there is any real reason to do it.  

In another bowl combine whisk together the dry ingredients: Oats, flour, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon. 

In a cup I added the egg & vanilla, and whisked together.

In your large mixing bowl start with your soft butter,  and with your electric mixer give a quick blend for 30 seconds. Then add your brown & white sugar. You will cream together for 2 minutes. Then you will add your egg & vanilla, blend together for another 30 seconds.  

Then gradually add the dry ingredients, about a 1 cup at a time and mix until combined, then just keep adding until everything has been added.  

Once batter is done, take a spatula and fold in your raisins or chocolate. Of course you can add both if you want however i recommend 1/2 cup of each. If you wanted to add your favorite nut, I add about 1/3 cup. 

Evenly scoop out cookie batter, I used an ice cream scoop, and no I do not have those cool ones that you push down on handle. I packed mine evenly then use tip of my finger to remove. You can use whatever you have, even a small measuring cup (1/8 cup is my biggest I will go).  

I was able to make three rows of four cookies, mine were small, so don't over crowd if you have a bigger cookie. Just make sure there is at least inch & half between cookies. 

Once all your cookies are on cookie sheet, place in oven and bake for 10 min. Check to make sure there is a little brown on the side, if not bake for another minute. Once done, let cook on cookie sheet for two or three minutes then remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.












You can roll cookie batter and wrap in wax paper and store in fridge or freezer for when you want to bake.















No comments:

Post a Comment