Pages

October 22, 2011

Who likes Blondes?

I think I do! I was watching the Food Network Show "Throw Down with Bobby Flay", and the epi was for Blondie Brownies. Now I have never made brownies from scratch, only a box. I love Ghiradelli Brownie and Cookie mixes! I was looking for a simple technique. So after some research I came up with my version of a Blonde Brownie. It pretty much taste like a chocolate chip cookie but more gooey. I'm impressed with them and plan on making them again for my brownie enthusiast sister in-law when she arrives in a couple weeks.

I think the most important step is to learn how to cream your butter. This is a step that's important for anything you will bake requiring to cream your butter. I'm not going to go into technical jargon but I will show you pictures below LOL and tell you it is the one step that takes the most time. 

Blonde Brownie
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup (room temperature)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp of baking soda
Dash of salt
1 cup of brown sugar (not packed)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
1 egg (room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Oven 350 degrees
My directions are based on an electronic hand mixer.

Two things you need to do is set out a stick of butter (1/2 cup) and one egg and let it get to room temperature (about an hour). After egg is at room temp crack and place egg in bowl with the vanilla and put aside. Once butter is soft place in bowl and on a low speed start mixing until butter gets smooth/creamy. Then add about 1 tsp of brown sugar to butter and blend on low speed for 40 seconds. Keep doing this until all sugar has been added. It took me 8 mins to do this. Once all sugar has been blended turn up the speed to a medium speed and blend for one or two minutes. Then add egg and vanilla to mixture and on low speed blend together. Once blended, take a spatula and by hand fold 1/4 cup of flour at a time into mixture. Once all the flour has been folded in, add chocolate morsels and fold. Then take a 8x8 pan and butter pan on all edges. Then pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Then place into fridge to keep cool. Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Once the temp has been reached, place brownies inside and bake for 40-50 mins.

Now the reason why I give this 10 min frame is because I was distracted with my screaming Cupcake and forgot to reset timer. I only placed timer on for 25 min in the beginning. I had checked for doneness with a toothpick and it came out clean. But when I cut into the brownies they were not done. I placed back into oven but because of my distraction forgot to set timer. I think I only had it in there for an additional 20 min. So please use a knife to check for doneness after the 25 min and 40 min mark.



Baked in oven on 350 for 45/50 min

Nice and chewy with a slight crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment