Pages

November 03, 2011

The perfect fluffy pancake





So I accomplished it! I was able to come up with the perfect fluffy pancake. Its a simple recipe, but I think one day I will try to use buttermilk because I like the sourness it can add. Here is my recipe. I have made this recipe 3 times now, and I have made edits to the orig. recipe (below are the new measurements), one day I will take new pics.



2 cups plus  of All purpose flour
3  tbsp p of granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder (make sure you have fresh powder because this effects batter)
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of half & half cream
1 cup of 1% milk
2 eggs
2.5 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of melted butter


In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk together.

Combine  eggs, milk, cream, and whisk/blend. Then melt 1/4 cup of butter (melt for 30 sec) then add the 3 tbsp of sugar to butter and combine then pour into egg/milk and whisk/blend together.



 Then take wet mixture and slowly pour into dry mixture and stir while pouring wet mixture. Do not over mix! You want a semi lumpy batter that will be a slightly thick texture.

Set mixture aside and heat your cast iron or griddle pan. I started pan on a high to low heat, then once it started to smoke turned down to a medium low temp. I took pan off burner for 2 mins. Then placed a dab of butter, however I would use vegetable oil instead. Place some v.oil on a paper towel and rub you pan. You will need to re-oil your pan after 5 pancakes. 


Then took a 1/3 measuring cup and used to scoop up batter. This way all pancakes are the same size. Place in pan with melted butter then placed back onto burner.


Once bubbles start to form on top of pancake it is time to flip. Pancake will then puff up and after 20 to 30 sec remove from pan....the bottom should have a nice color to it.


And there you have it! Personally I think you need to follow directions as is first. If you try to adjust the type of milk I can not promise you will get the same effect. And also always remember the tip when measuring. When it comes to flour, use a spoon to scoop out of bag into measuring cup. This results into a more accurate measure. Also there is a difference between the type of measuring utensils you use. If you have those glass measuring cups, know that is for measuring liquids not dry ingredients. If you have plastic or metal cups that is what you should use for dry. These make a difference in the final outcome...so again if the pancakes don't turn out fluffy and light, it possible the wrong cups where use and the batter was over mixed. Don't be afraid! Its not necessary to use a blender to mix the wet ingredients, I have just whisked together.

No comments:

Post a Comment