Pages

October 04, 2011

The baking journey begins

I have always been afraid to bake. I admit I am not one to follow recipes, I like to create and invent a recipe. Therefore knowing that baking requires accuracy (I am so not an accurate person) I always shied away from baking. Plus I like immediate result's, patience is not a skill I have developed.

However being a new mom has required me to be a more patient person. Of course isn’t being patient a good quality for anyone to have? As I look back on my life I have lacked patience very much! I was always in a hurry to get to the next step. Even my fourth grade teacher told my mom, “she is always in a hurry to grow up”. Yep, that is me! Now I am all “grown up” and wish I was young again LOL So I guess I owe it to myself and everyone around me to be more patient. With this new found awareness of my lack of patience I decided to apply this to baking. Yes, yes my mind is wired to think how a moral quality applies to baking/cooking.

So my journey of baking begins because of the desire to have more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment